Sunday, May 26, 2013

From Facebook poster to Blogger!

The blogging journey has begun.  When I began posting old family photos on Facebook and writing a memory about the person or event, I was just looking for a way to share these photos and memories with my family.  My children seemed to enjoy what they saw and read.  Then they actually began to write comments of their own to add their memory or pose a question.  Most of the time the "like" button was the only feedback I got.  That was enough for me.  The connection had been made. 

Soon I saw that conversations began appearing in the comments creating a dialog among siblings and cousins.  My greatest surprise came when the names in the "likes" list and attached to the "comments" were names of my friends, not just relatives. Eventually the "blog" word started being thrown about as in "you should do this as a blog". 

I had no idea how to start a blog.  I read and enjoyed the blogs of others, but to do my own was a different matter. I finally feel ready to launch the blog, "From the Heart of Dixie".  It isn't fancy.  As I learn more about moving around in the blogging world, the page might get a little fancier.  But for now, the toes have been dipped into the water.  The water seems fine.  So, I am ready to plunge into the pool.  Today is just the inaugural post.  I can't promise a new posting everyday.  I am just a learner. 





Photo of Dixie Wiggins.  Original photo in the possession of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2013 Dixie Petty. All rights reserved.